It's all about the lips.

Out of all the makeup items out there, two things that I think can make or break a look are foundation and lipsticks. I've discussed my fave foundations a looooong time ago in this post (when I was freelancing as a makeup artist), so I thought I'd do my fave lipstick shades to date:

1) Milani Teddy Bare
My perfect nude shade. I first read about this in Elle Sees' blog, and it's always sold out when I go to our local Loblaws Superstore (which is the only place here I can find them). Finally had the chance to try it, and I love it!




2) MAC Cosmetics Ruby Woo
This is a classic for a reason. I honestly think this red looks great on everyone, and the one I always turn to if I want that pop.


3) Kylie Cosmetics True Brown Kit
Guys, let me tell you how Kim just made my day! I was reading her post  (as I always do) and what did I see? She was doing a random Sweet Surprise for her readers, and the recipient of her surprise was me! I've always considered Kim as one of my best blog friends coz I know how generous and kind-hearted she is, but this just takes the cake!  She made me teary-eyed, ya'll:')
Not only did she send me something, it was something I've been wanting to try for ages...the elusive Kylie lip kit in the shade I've been dying to have. I'm a 90's kid, and brown will always be the shade I turn to. This lip kit is just that....the perfect brown. I love the liquid lipstick, and I honestly think the lip pencil is the best I've ever used...very pigmented and soft. I now understand the hype.


Thank you, Kim! You're the bee's knees:)

What is your fave lipstick shade?

Comments

Elle Sees said…
thank you for the mention!! i love teddy bare and ruby woo. you are right--it's a great red that looks great!
Yes! I remember seeing that you won that lip kit. And it looks amazing on you too. I've been wanting to try her lip kits for a while now!

Sxx
www.daringcoco.com
Ooh I like the Milani Teddy Bare. I usually like a lips but better look and my fave is Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Lip Gel in Roleplay.

Are you still watching Descendants of the Sun? And can we safely assume you've also been stricken by SJK syndrome LOL. There is something so hot about the combination of that boyishly handsome face and that deep manly voice right ;p One of my friends and I were just joking about how we miss the subs sometimes because we're too busy ogling him LOL The Kang Mo Yeon character starts off a little slower but you will love her deeper into the story. I like how rational she is. DM me on Twitter if you wanna chat about the show XD
Shon said…
YO! Em!! These are great looks on you. Milani never disappoints and I loved dark, rich browns too!! 90's Rock!!! You look great and enjoy your weekend!!

I am currently into matte, dark colors now. I am having so much fun.
Lip products can make or break a look! Love these picks. I haven't tried any of the Kylie lip products yet....but that looks SO good.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com
Imogen said…
Lip products are definitely the number one for me! I haven't tried any of these but have heard a lot about this MAC shade which looks beautiful!
I love Ruby Woo! Such a great red :)
Adam said…
Less than a month until Game of Thrones

a guy at work said he didn't like the direction Jon went in the books. He wanted him to be a like a bad-ass assassin kind of like Arya is becoming to be.

I was like he is Azor Ahai, the Prince that was promised, he is the song of ice and fire.
Vision By Mila said…
I usually wear pink or mauve, both on the nude side. I have 1 single red one from Sephora, I was told it looks good on me, but I can't be bothered with reapplying and all, so I guess I'd only use that one when I know I'm not out for long.
Emmylou said…
Jon will have his day! How can anyone not like him?!?!? :D
FASHION TALES said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
FASHION TALES said…
The Ruby Woo is such a great colour and looks nice on you, I also think the Kylie Cosmetics brown looks nice on you. That's a hard one to pull off. Happy Friday Emmy.
Sassy Palate Ventures
Awww, I love beauty posts so you know this is a huge hit with me! I remember the post where Kim announced you as the winner of the lip kit, she's honestly one of the best, most down to earth blogger friend, I love her to bits! She gives me and I think most of us hopes that there are beauty bloggers out there who remains true to themselves, honest and don't give a crap ass about sugar coating a bad product.

I need to get my hands on Teddy Bare, I have long wanted it but ever time I walk into SuperStore, I head straight to Joe Fresh clearance section for new tops. Haha! *blush!* And hell to the yes about MAC Ruby Woo, one of my top 3 red lipsticks!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity
Oh to Be a Muse said…
Glad to see your lip kit look! It looks awesome. I love to wear a good stick foundation. But sadly, I don't wear lipsticks much at all -- just occasionally on weekends.

New Post - Desk Reveal: http://bit.ly/1S8RVTY
Valerie said…
I'm loving your lipstick shades! They are all so beautiful! I would love to try that Kylie True Brown Kit!

http://roadesque.com
http://ourruins.com
Sharon said…
Ruby Woo is one of my favourites too!
Marie Roget said…
Gorgeous colors! Loved the first one and the last one. So earthy and classy!

Would you like to follow each other, dear? Let me know ;)
Love, Marie Roget
Chic Therapy said…
I have heard so much about the Kylie lip kit. Might be time to get my hands on one of the shades
All the colors look so good on you Emmy! I am definitely a lipstick girl. My favorite is Neo Noir by Marc Jacobs. You are so welcome and deserving :) She's just come out with a purple one (Kourt K) and GLOSSES. So I'll be swatching those.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/
rooth said…
The first one looks lovely on you!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time