What have I been watching #33

 Since my last update, I've seen a lot of shows and movies, so I'm not gonna put all of them here, but just the ones I liked/currently liking:D

all images from imdb.com

TV series:

1) The Sandman

I though I'd start off with my fave out of all I've seen...I am so obsessed with Tom Sturridge as Morpheus/Dream! I highly recommend this series. You can't really go wrong with anything by Neil Gaiman (author of the graphic novel this was based on.)



2) LOTR: The Rings of Power

Loving this so far, and love the cast....except maybe for Galadriel. (I just don't like her acting:( )

3) House of the Dragon
As a GOT fan, I knew I had to watch this. Ok so far....Matt Smith is awesome as always.

4) Attack on Titan
Currently binge-watching this. An old series...I know, but I get the hype now. My sons have been telling me to watch this for forever. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

5) All Of Us Are Dead
Kinda slow at first, but it did get better, and well...it has zombies so that's a win for me already:D

5) Japan Sinks
I didn't think I'd like this show as much as I did. TBH, I only started it as a part of my Japanese-learning "immersion" but I ended up really loving this show.
6) Hellbound
Another Korean horror I liked, although I think this is less of a horror and more of a drama, because of its social commentary on religious fanaticism.

7) Resident Evil

I actually didn't like this much, but am including it anyway because I love Lance Reddick in here, and Paola Nunez was awesome as the villain.


Movies:
1) Fullmetal Alchemist: Revenge of Scar
I know some hard core fans did not like this movie, but not meeeeee.....LOVED.IT.

2) Day Shift
Great chemistry between Jamie Foxx and Dave Franco. I think these two should make more movies together!

Other films I've seen that were ok:
Spiderman: No Way Home and Thor: Love and Thunder 

What have you been watching lately? Have you seen any of these shows/films?

Comments

It looks like you've been able to watch a lot of great shows and movies! My husband is watching the new Game of Thrones show and the new Lord of the Rings show. I think he is liking them so far! I've been watching lots of documentaries lately.
the creation of beauty is art.
We watched the Sandman and I agree that Tom Sturridge was an excellent choice as Morpheus. We would've liked if Tom Ellis reprised his role as Lucifer because he was so good on the tv show which is part of the same universe. We also watched RE because we used to love playing the games but hate that they just went in a totally different direction with the story and it was kind of a hot mess. Lance Reddick was great as always though.

We're currently watching Law Cafe with my beloved Seung Gi ;) and Young Actor's Retreat which is so much fun. And baseball of course :D

Hope you and the fam are doing well chingu <3
Hena Tayeb said…
We have been so busy lately.. not a lot of tv watching. We are currently trying to get through the Umbrella Academy but it has gotten so confusing and doesn't make much sense.
Mica said…
I love how you watch so much and enjoy it with your family. Because my boys are young family movie nights are very basic kids movies, haha! But I think when they grow up and want to watch scarier or more violent things it will have to be just with their dad! I'm not good with scary things like this, I'm happy to stick with the basic kids movies, haha!

Hope you are having a lovely day :)

Away From The Blue
rooth said…
We watched the first episode of Sandman and liked it! I really enjoyed the graphic novels as well :)
Adam said…
I thought house of the dragon was way better than rings of power. It's absolutely insane Rings of power costs 3x the money to make.

I will agree on Gladiriel. She just doesn't feel right for the role
ellie said…
You always find some great ones to watch! Oh, I am just chilling with a new Wuxia Drama that I love. And finally ARE YOU SAFE is on Viki. Although, it might not be as good as I had hoped. Funny, one actor does look better when he doesn't smile, after all. And there is a sismance I have continued with Ode to Joy because that was one of the first dramas I loved. But it doesn't have the cast the earlier ones had. Oh, it's been a long weekend of work..it might take all week to recooperate.
Kinga K. said…
I want to check LOTR :D
I started watching HOD but it didn’t have that same energy as GOT. So I lost interest and never revisited it. Great shows!

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Life lately- end of the school year 2023