Influence: Gwyneth Paltrow

In theory, I should hate her. She's tall, blonde and skinny (even after two kids!). She's married to a rock star, and was with Brad Pitt for, like, forever. Grrrrrrrrrr....

But really...how can you hate someone as talented as Ms. Paltrow? She can act. She can sing. She's smart and funny and speaks fluent Spanish. She can cook. Even her newsletter GOOP is a success.

I love the fact that she doesn't use a stylist outside of a shoot, and willing to take fashion risks. On the red carpet, I would rather see someone look interesting than boring, and she certainly has made some "interesting" choices...and in my book, that's A-OK.

US Vogue Aug 2010 (Mario Testino)

US Vogue Aug 2010 (Mario Testino)

US Vogue Aug 2010 (Mario Testino)

InStyle Jan 2011 (Michelangelo di Battista)

InStyle Jan 2011 (Michelangelo di Battista)

From the book "My Father's Daughter" by Gwyneth Paltrow (photographed by Ellen Silverman)
Gwyneth was also in two of my most favourite movies ever: Sliding Doors and Shakespeare In Love.
Movie still from Fanpop
I loved her look in this movie so much that I actually cut and coloured my hair just like hers in the movie....it was not my best look...

Anyhoo, what do you think of Ms. Gwyneth? Love? Hate? And who are your style influences?

Comments

Cris said…
You are tottaly right: how is it possible hate her? She is not only a pretty face, body... She is so talented! You've got a such amazing influence!

Kisses,
Cris.
Emmylou said…
I know, right?:) Now, if I can just have her height...heehee...Thanks for the comment, Cris:)

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time