Serves 4 to 6
4 to 6 pieces of chicken thighs (with skin and bone-in)
4 to 6 eggs (optional)
For the sauce:
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of sushi vinegar (I prefer this one although white wine vinegar was the one Stevens recommended)
|The vinegar I use|
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 cup minced garlic
1 large bay leaf
1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
1) Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce on a braising pan.
2) Add the chicken, making sure to coat them.
4) You can put eggs in this recipe. If you are going to do so, boil them now. After this is done, set the eggs aside.
5) Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
6) After the 45 minutes is done, take out the chicken and pat dry.
7) Place the chicken on a shallow baking sheet covered with foil that's been oiled. Put in the heated oven for 10 minutes.
8) In the meantime, place the peeled boiled eggs in the sauce. Turn the heat back on to medium to reduce the liquid.
Serve over rice:)
If you guys do try this,please let me know how it turns out for you. Have a great Thursday.
If you'd like to see the other recipes I've posted, just click on the "recipe" label below:) I don't post too many of these, but I do enjoy writing them when I can.