Saturday, June 29, 2013

DIY for us lazy people

Do you want to turn all your sneakers into slip-ons? (This was actually my husband's idea. I think he got tired of hearing me complain about lacing them on....)

Materials:
Your sneakers
Elastics


1) Take off your old laces.
2) Replace both with the elastics. I cut the elastics' ends diagonally to make it easier to go through the lace holes.
3) Tie the elastics. I do three knots, but before doing so, I wear the shoes to make sure they are not tied too tight or too lose.


Voila!


14 comments:

  1. Yes! My husband refuses to buy shoes that are lace up for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.. I might try too, though I'm fine with lacing up as well.. I hate when the laces are super long, so you step on them, I am, however, so lazy that I didn't yet cut the ones that bother me (I've got 1 pair of shoes that cause me trouble :D)..happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha so nice! :p

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this is pretty convenient really :D Thanks for this handy DIY! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This DIY sounds great to me, really functional and easy to do, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW>.your husband is a genius! I am doing this DIY for my daughter's shoes! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that is brilliant!! I am totally doing that! I hate tying my shoes, haha! Thanks for showing this!

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emmy, your husband is a genius! Girl, I'm loving those pink sneakers. Love that shade of pink.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, this made me laugh, Such a clever husband Emmy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...