Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Bantam Dress

This is what I sewed from the Merchant and Mills Workbook, which I had to order from Amazon UK coz it's not available here in North America until next year. (Why is that? Sigh....) So happy I did, because I love all the patterns from this book, you guys:)

The Bantam Vest is the first pattern, and I decided to make the dress version.
I sewed it with a cotton/linen blend fabric.

How I wore it:
The Bantam vest in the dress version is a very comfortable and easy-to-wear piece:)
I love the racer back, and the fact that the back hem is longer.


You'll be seeing these Blondo boots a lot...just saying....
To say that sewing has taken over my hobby life is an understatement....
Anyhoo, hope you're all having a lovely day so far:) XOXO


21 comments:

  1. Hi Emmy, I love your talent! This is a lovely dress and you look great, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing is a great hobby especially when it means cute new items for your closet :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! Hope you have agreat Monday!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely pieces from you :)

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so simple and lovely! Now I'm inspired to get my machine out of the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you! That dress looks so good! I love racer backs also. Love the material and color also Emmy.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. another great creation from you! when are you opening up that etsy shop already?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy friend!! You look lovely in this dress. I have their page bookmarked and pinned on my boards! I love the ease, simplicity and sophistication of their line.

    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this! Great post. :D

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I like the longer back as well. Nice job!

    www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for boots - I don't think I've worn any other type of shoe so far this fall

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressed by your sewing each time, also like racer back style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I love this! You are so talented...this dress is gorgeous!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress is beautiful and you styled it nicely with those boots. It looks like you are still enjoying some great weather over there.
    I wish I could sew too; have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress would be so perfect when it's like a billion degrees out. Quick, effortless and chic.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it! i love merchant and mills but haven't ordered anything from them. you're doing such an amazing job emmy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...