Thursday, April 6, 2017

Inspiration: Lacey Baker

Lacey Baker is IMO one of the greatest skaters out there and someone who really pushes the boundaries in skateboarding.

"The skate industry is a bunch of dudes making decisions and judgements. If I don't have long hair, wear tight pants and a push up bra then they decide I look too much like a boy. They don't care about how well I skate or my skill level. It's about how I look. It's about how we all look. It's catering to all these dudes in the skate industry. "Who's the prettiest? We choose you..." .... Maybe if I did conform to what they wanted to see they'd give me what I want. I'm not going to do that...."
Full interview on Broadly here
image from meowskateboards.com

image from xgames.espn.com

image from broadly.vice.com
My kids and I are just in awe every time we see her do her thang! #goals
Who's been inspiring you lately?

10 comments:

  1. Lacey Baker sounds like a total badass! People who push the boundaries in their field are always inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I've heard of her, but to be honest, I really thought she was a guy when I saw the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never heard of Lacy Baker but she is my type of woman! I love women that are brave enough to be themselves, no matter what that looks like and how other people think you should act. I’m now a fan!!! Thanks for introducing me to her Emmylou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so strong. I love her quote. Such an inspiration for sure. Happy weekend doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds awesome! I've sadly never heard of her before which is a shame! Definitely an inspiring woman!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Emmy, she is absolutely amazing!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit I had no idea who he is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...