Like a princess

My youngest just had her First Communion (a Catholic ceremony where the child receives the Eucharist for the first time). Seriously....these little people grow like weeds! (Here are the posts for my eldest son's and my middle child's First Communion if you're interested.)

It was like her wedding day, you guys! Did her hair and (very light)makeup, and of course, ran late as is customary in events like this...hehe....

I just thought I'd share a few of the pics taken:) 


I knitted her veil. It took a few months as I did it in between sewing projects (I started it on January and finished it on April), but was worth every second. (Pattern is from Elizabeth Lovick's Magical Shetland Lace Shawls to Knit.) Her dress was a gift from my mom.






our wonderful parish priest Father Robson









 Hope you all had a lovely weekend:)

Comments

Elle Sees said…
Omg wasn't she just 2 like a few min ago?? tears!! COngrats to her! She and her dress, etc all looked GORGEOUS. Great job, Emmy!
rooth said…
She looks adorable, and the veil is beautiful. Your kiddos are getting so big!
Hena Tayeb said…
Aww she is so beautiful. Very princess!
You did a stunning job with the veil.
Happy Communion to your beautiful little princess! I hope she enjoyed her day :D Happy new week Emmy!
Emmy, she looked beautiful! You did a fabulous job on her veil. This is such a special moment in her life. I remember mine. My grandmother made my dress. I will always remember and so will she. Thanks for sharing with us.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/
How beautiful and sweet! You did an amazing job on the veil :)
Thank you for sharing such a special day with us, Emmy and she looks beautiful, so angelic!
Love the family photo's. Your little girl looks lovely. A lot of love must have gotten into making that gorgeous veil!
Unknown said…
She looks beautiful!! Happy First Communion! It’s such a special time, thank you for sharing it with all of us. You have a very beautiful family
Miu said…
Congratulations to her First Communion!
I had no idea you're Catholic. COOL!!! And lemme tell you, my jaw hit the floor when I saw that veil spread out. I had to show my husband! Amazing!!! Hooray for first communions!
Oh to Be a Muse said…
It is like a mini wedding. I love her headpiece. She's too adorable!

www.ohtobeamuse.com
Valerie said…
She looks so adorable, and I love that amazing veil! Absolutely beautiful photos!

http://roadesque.com
http://ourruins.com
Jane said…
Oh my gosh - jaw drop at the veil! It's so much more special because you made it! It's beautiful!
Adam said…
She is so cute in her dress. I bet you were proud. I don't know how I missed this post.
Vision By Mila said…
Oh My God!! Look at her! And the veil is amazing, well done!!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time