What have I been watching #32

 There are actually quite a few movies and shows I've seen since my last update, but I thought I'd just feature here the ones I liked. I also saw a lot of Asian horror, but if I mention all of them, this post would probably be a mile long so I thought I'd skip that for now....LOL


all images from imdb.com

1)Jurassic World Dominion
My middle child (who is a big fan of the franchise and dinosaurs in general) hated this movie, but I thought it was ok.

2) The Boys Season 3
Super gory and violent, but awesome writing as always (and I do love the cast).

3) The Umbrella Academy Season 3
Love this series as much as Stranger Things, The way they handled Elliot Page's character transitioning 
was just so well done.

4)  Bordertown: The Mural Murders
I'm a huge fan of the TV series so I was really glad to have finally seen this movie. Gotta love Nordic crime thrillers.

5) Candyman
I thought this remake was just ok, but the cast was great, so Imma gonna forgive its shortcomings.

6) Matrix Resurrection
I'm probably one of the few people that really loved this fourth Matrix movie. I thought it was well done and much better than Matrix 2 and 3. Also love Jonathan Groff so there's that:D

7) Doctor Strange: Into the Multiverse of Madness
Not one of the good Marvel movies (my kids were not impressed), but I thought it was an ok watch.

What have you been watching lately?

Comments

You've been watching lots of interesting things! I personally enjoyed Jurassic Park Dominion. I love that franchise, even though there are some shortcomings. It was great to see some of the original cast back again! Maybe I just love anything nostalgic. I haven't seen the Doctor Strange movie, but I heard mixed reviews. My husband thought it was okay though!
the creation of beauty is art.
rooth said…
I haven't heard much about the new Jurassic World movie - now I'll have to go check it out!
Hena Tayeb said…
We have one more episode of The Boys left. It is so so gory. The kids want to watch the new Thor and Dr. Strange movie. They just finally finished watching all the Marvel movies in chronological order.
Mica said…
I didn't even know there was another matrix movie, haha! 4 seems like a lot. I watched the first one, but it's really not my kinda thing! I can't really do scary or gory or violent movies, I'm such a weakling!

Hope you had a great weekend :)

Away From The Blue
Lovely said…
Doctor Strange was an ok watch for me. I haven't seen Matrix 4 yet . I will check it out.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Chelshea Flo said…
I have watched Dr. Strange and Jurassic World, I love them, but recently I watched Thor, Love and Thunder and I love it the most! Thank you for sharing btw!

xoxo,
|CHELSHEAFLO|

www.chelsheaflo.com
ellie said…
Oh, you do have a great list here. I of course, watch shows that aren't on anyone's radar. Well, Dear X and Dear M might be (K-dramas) Although, just a bit too immature I thought for college stories, but oh well, intriguing cast. Jinxed at First is very Old School K-drama and yet at the core has that dominate rich male feel to it since he keeps his tailsman so well hidden..or did. Thus there are some comedic parts too. I finally got to watch Nokdu Flower and that has a very interesting historical perspective. Japan's Love Dissonance is really good. The guy who plays the teacher is a compulsive liar who replaced his brother's girlfriend as a music teacher. It has quite a bit of a mystery to it and he gets involved with a student.

Finally, I've been waiting to see The Day of Becoming You (Chinese) where there is a body switch between a pop-star and an entertainment reporter. Steven Zhang really does a great job in this one. I have liked his other two dramas I have been watching. The later one is even stranger about a girl's father who is in a coma and they say has dementia. She wakes up in 2001 as a little girl in an orphanage. The concept is a bit to grasp, but of course, the more I watch the more I want to know.

Last but not least..I have COVID. Over the weekend I woke up with a freaky sore throat. After my third test (yesterday) I figured out..oh, I do have it. Mainly, just a sore throat and a lot of drainage. And I should probably sleep more.
Adam said…
I really enjoyed Multiverse of Madness but I will say, they teased all these cameos and all we got was the Illuminati suicide squad 😭
ellie said…
Lee Dong Wook did you ever watch him in BUBBLEGUM 2015? That was an odd romantic one. There is always that Korean theme where the couple have been friends so long they are family (a concept both in Dear M and Dear X). I caught the beginning episodes of 2005 MY GIRL with him. Wow, he was great even then, but he's gotten better with age!
FASHION TALES said…
I haven't seen Bordertown yet, but I agree with Doctor Strange. I've only recently watched Only Murders in the Building and it was much better than I expected. I'm not big on gory films, so I have not seen The Boys, but thanks so much for sharing.
FASHION TALES
I went to see Jurassic World Dominion. I dealt with it, but was expecting something else. I was a little disappointed.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!