Halloween 2022

 Since I haven't sewed costumes in awhile, I decided to go all out this year. 

I used commercial patterns to make these pieces, but changed the pattern according to our shapes:) I wanted these costumes to last a long time because they're basically what we will be wearing for Fan Expo next year.

My daughter as the Joker from Gotham, my middle child as Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist, and moi as a a member of the Survey Corp from Attack on TItan Season 4.

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you may have seen my middle son's costume already as I entered it in Pattern Review's cosplay contest.

Here is an image from my entry (taken when I finished sewing it.) I made the jacket, pants and butt cape (which I drafted myself), plus drew the gloves.

More detailed pics of our costumes:)

For my costume, I made the cape, shoulder harness, leg holsters and skirt. The harness, holsters and the skirt are made of leather. (As I mentioned on Twitter, a good friend who works in a leather company told me they were cleaning up, and the boss basically gave me a lifetime supply!)

I got the Attack on Titan symbol from an old shirt that my eldest does not wear anymore. I appliquéd it to the cape.

The harnesses are not accurate to the animé, but I since they're kinda hidden by the cape, it didn't bother me:D

My daughter loves the Joker (Cameron Monaghan) from Gotham, hence....
I made the jacket, vest, pants, and bow tie.




Sorry for the lacklustre pics....I took them early in the morning before school, and it's raining....waaaaaah!


This jacket was quite something else...so many accessories! I made the everything (even the shoulder epaulettes) but did order the military ribbon (vintage) from Ebay.



On the way to school....


I must admit I'm really happy how all these pieces turned out...some of these pieces were not the easiest to sew. 

Are you dressing up for Halloween? Do you make your own costumes?



Comments

Hena Tayeb said…
I am screaming!! You are mad talented my friend.
I once attempted the make mickey ears because I was too cheap to buy them and they were so bad. I can't even hem properly.
Wow wow wow! You've really outdone yourself Emmy! Your skills are so impressive down to every last detail. The costumes all look amazing and you all look amazing in them. Have a safe and happy Halloween chingu <3 I used to enjoy Halloween and go to the annual parade but now not so much because it brings out the crazy people in our city and I don't even go out if I can help it.
Lovely said…
Amazing! Love all your costumes. You are super talented!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Adam said…
Well done on your costumes for Halloween
Kinga K. said…
Great Halloween costumes <3 Have a nice weekend <3
WOW! I cannot get over how incredible these costumes are. The amount of talent you have just blows me away. Everything is so detailed and the care you put into these pieces really shows. They look incredible for Halloween and will look just as incredible at Fan Expo. You are amazing! <3
the creation of beauty is art.
Mica said…
You really are so talented! These costumes look great and it's nice that the kids get to wear them to school too! We don't really do Halloween here, but the kids do sometimes have dress up rewards days! Pyjama day was the last one, haha!

ellie said…
Such amazing costuming! LOVE THESE! You are so creative! Such an amazing costume you are wearing and the kids look fantastic! Hope your Halloween was great. Very mild here. It's colder now.

I've been watching Unstoppable High Kick. I always wanted to watch it. Oh, some fun things, but I am not sure they are as funny as it was in 2006, but still, so great to see some fresh faces when they were young.
rooth said…
Those jackets look FANTASTIC - great job!
Emmy, you did an AMAZING job!!! You are so good. I told you awhile back. The details are exquisite. Everyone looked great! You can tell the children are proud of their costumes as well. Awesome! You’re such a cool mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!