The Little Mermaid was perfection.

 My daughter and I, along with my younger sister, were finally able to see The Little Mermaid last week. It's a movie we've all been anticipating, and WOW! This movie was just amazing! Halle Bailey was sooooo perfect as Ariel, and I just could not see anyone doing a better job than her for this role. I literally got teary-eyed every time she sang.



The rest of the cast was perfect as well, from the Jonah Hauer-King as Eric (although I must admit I was leery at first when I saw him in the trailer, but he and Halle had such great chemistry) to Melissa McCarthy as Ursula and Daveed Diggs as the voice of Sebastian.

Needless to say, I am so obsessed with this movie now. Hands down one of the best I've seen in awhile. Thank you, Disney, for finally making a great live action remake. (edit: Cinderella was the only other good remake Disney has done.)


Have you seen The Little Mermaid yet?

Comments

ellie said…
I have been wanting to see this one. It looks really amazing. In spite of a long movie..I know it will be well worth it. So glad to see your review! Great to know! Of course, I had to get my new Little Mermaid tee when I saw it at 5 Below (✿◡‿◡)
FashionRadi said…
Really want to see it. Can't wait!

www.fashionradi.com
Hena Tayeb said…
So happy to hear you liked it!
We'll be watching this movie when it comes to streaming. Glad to hear that you all enjoyed it so much! Happy Monday chingu <3
Nas said…
I want to watch it with my daughter!
ALLIE NYC said…
Funny I saw a trailer for this the other day and thought this looks good! A nice escape movie would nice!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com
thanks for sharing this, i haven't watch this movie yet, but now i will do watch now.

JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
JULIE ANN LOZADA INSTAGRAM
Oh, I am so glad to hear this. How amazing that you went and had such a great time! I actually bought tickets to see The Little Mermaid recently, but I wasn't able to go because I'm sick. Sigh. I guess I will just have to wait a little bit longer. Good to know it is worth the wait!
the creation of beauty is art.
Romy Matthias said…
Ich fand den Film klasse, sehr gut gemacht. LG Romy
Mica said…
I haven't seen this but I loved the original animated one as a kid - while we won't be going to the movies to see it I'll definitely be watching it when it comes on Disney +. So many good memories of the animated one and I've heard nothing but great things about this version! :)
Adam said…
My wife and stepdaughter saw it without me because it was her birthday and I had to work. I'm not that tempted to see it in theaters because going to the movie theaters expensive but I will see it when it comes out on Disney Plus
Kinga K. said…
I like this story, I have to watch the new version soon :D
I remember when they first announced the cast, and they received so much grief. It was a pleasure reading how it topped box office charts. It did really well. So glad you all enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Life lately- end of the school year 2023