The hand-sewn corset

 It''s been awhile since I've sewn a garment for myself. I started this corset project last year and never got to finish it. Now that it's getting warm, I've decided to just go for it and get it done, and I'm so happy I did:) I love this piece!

Pattern: The Alabama Chanin Corset; Stencil: Anna's Garden (also from Alabama Chanin)

Blue cotton jersey and thread were from Alabama Chanin, black cotton jersey from Fabricland


You can wear it casually....


...or in a more dressed up style!



"In progress" pics (As with all my Alabama Chanin pieces, I hand-sewed everything, and airbrushed the stencil myself using Createx paint in Pearl Blue. I used the reverse-appliqué technique.)



With my 3 kids...the youngest had her recital:)


Here's a video of my daughter singing....

Comments

ellie said…
You do amazing work! Such a lovely piece! Great to see your talented daughter too. Wonderful pic of you all. I am so happy you finished this piece! All the best to a happy summer. I finished Sword & Fairy 1 and have a new thoughts of He Yu in the new version. I think he should stick with Wuxia roles instead of modern dramas. Perhaps, if he ages a bit more he will be a better fit. I was thinking of watching the 2005 version..but I have decided to get through Untamed Heart..and although, I thought I had watched it before..possibly I didn't. It does have some interesting mysteries.
The corset really came out beautifully chingu! You really are such a talented crafter and I love the outfit you styled it with for the recital. Your Mini Me is just as talented in her own way ;p
rooth said…
How absolutely lovely!
LoveT. said…

A great design. And I love the colors, it looks wonderful on you.
Janina said…
WOW! Das sieht großartig aus, gefällt mir! ♥
Viele Grüße,
Janina
FASHION TALES said…
You did an exceptional job. I have only made two bustiers/corset styles when I was a fashion designer and it is a lot of work, especially putting that boning in. I hope you are doing well Emmy. Things have been quite busy this year, but I am finally back. Missed you! x/Madison
FASHION TALES
Aarti said…
Wow..this is lovely..you are so talented dear :-)

Allurerage
I'm so glad you were able to take some time to finish it. Wow! What a gorgeous piece. I especially love that you are able to dress is up or down depending on what you feel like wearing that day. The details are just extraordinary. I am always amazed by your talent. <3
ALLIE NYC said…
Wow you made this? It turned out great so lovey. It looks great how you styled if for the recital. And LOVE that last photo LOL.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Hena Tayeb said…
You are so talented.. wow.. the corset top looks phenomenal.
Your daughter has a great voice.. bless her.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Life lately- end of the school year 2023