Vacay!

 Last weekend, my family (with extended) were able to go away up north (Haliburton, Ontario) to a cottage for a getaway! We went from Friday to Monday, and had a blast:)

PS It was my first time "cottaging", so that's one thing out of my bucket list:D I'm not an outdoorsy person, but I still had a good time....LOLZ

Here are some pics:)




Got some reading done!

with the hubby:D


my sisters

We even had a chance to go to the "downtown" area to do some shopping.

with my sis-in-law at a bookstore



We had a bonfire our last night. My mom ended up being the expert "firestarter":D


My daughter, of course, was our musical entertainment:D

Do you like going to cottages? Where do you like going for your summer getaway?


Comments

Looks like an awesome family getaway chingu! Go mom with the fire ;p My husband and I are both city people so we've never been on a cottage vacation. We much prefer hotels and museums than the outdoors. Bugs are just not our jam y'know LOL
FASHION TALES said…
How fun, Emmy. We used to have a cottage we'd go up to. I enjoy the outdoors and love camping, but my allergies don't. I have severe allergies too. This looks like you all had such a great time with family. <3
FASHION TALES
ALLIE NYC said…
Oh wow, what a wonderful getaway. This looks incredible. What a lovely cottage to stay in and right on the lake. This looks like super fun area to visit. I went to Maine for week to visit friends and had a great time.

Allie

www.allienyc.com
Janina said…
Wow, coole Haarfarbe!
Der Urlaub im Cottage hat dir hoffentlich gefallen?
Wir sind Camper, haben einen Wohnwagen und lieben Outdoor Urlaube.
Viele Grüße,
Janina
The place looks beautiful. It looks like you had a great time. Beautiful images.

https://www.photosbycris.com.au/canggu-bali-indonesia/
ellie said…
OH, HOW DELIGHTFUL! I have been wondering where you've been. Love that you got together with family. Looks so cozy and adventurous! Oh, the stories you guys have from this trip! So happy for you! Great to see these lovely pictures of you and your family! Exciting to see your amazing post! All the best to your July! Just getting over RSV here..and the children's summer reading program at the library!
rooth said…
It looks like y'all had a great time! We love getaways like that and are in the process of making that a much more permanent part of our lifestyle (lol stay tuned!)
What a fun time! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy yourself and cross something off the bucket list as well. That bookstore looks like it was dangerous. It is always hard not to pick up a stack of books!

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Fab Four

Weekend shenanigans