What have I been watching- Summer 2024

 It's been a good period of film and TV watching for me lately:)


(images from imdb.com)

1) Alien: Romulus
It's been a long time since we've gone to the theatre, so I was really excited to see this one. Oh em gee! This was sooooo amazing, and a bit nostalgic to watch as I felt like it combined the vibes of the original Alien and Aliens movies.

2) Godzilla vs King: A New Empire
My fave of all the new Godzilla/Kong movies so far. I really loved the fight scenes, especially the climax.


3) Umbrella Academy: The Final Season
Although many of the fans did not like one part of the plot line this season (between Five and Lila), I thought the way the show ended was the only way this could have been wrapped up.


4) The Boys: Season 4
I'm still on the fence whether I liked this season or not. The violence and gore this time were just too much and sometimes completely unnecessary, but Homelander and Butcher are such great characters so I will continue to watch this.



What have you been watching lately?



Comments

rooth said…
I love the Alien series - so glad to hear it was good
ellie said…
Love! for the most part Venus on Mars a Tawain drama! Finished Snow Moon. Such fun photos of you guys! All the best to the days of August🌈
We're trying to slog through the last season of UA right now and honestly we're only watching it for closure. It's not as bad as the last season but also not that compelling for us which is why we're still only on the 2nd eps after a week. My husband is interested in Alien: Romulus but we're waiting for streaming since we don't go to the theater anymore. Did you watch Godzilla Minus One? It was actually much better done than Hollywood productions haha ;p
How fun that you were able to go to the movies recently! I'm so glad you enjoyed the movie and had a good time. It is always so fun to be at the theatre. I really need to catch up on The Umbrella Academy! I read all of the comics when they were released, but have managed to get very far behind on the actual show. Thanks for the reminder to get watching!
ALLIE NYC said…
Oh this sound super fun and exciting. I watched the first season of The Flight Attendant it was fun. I also watched My Brilliant Friend. Not action at all but excellent.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Fab Four

Weekend shenanigans