Some analogue love

I mentioned before on this post that I got my first ever 35mm film camera, the Pentax K1000. I thought that I'd share the photos I took with my first roll of film.

The roll of film I used is the Fujicolor Superia Xtra 400, which is just a cheap film roll you can get anywhere. Because I had the 36 exposures, I decided to do a short YouTube video showing all the shots I took, from beginning to end...all the good and the bad.

All these photos are unedited and scanned from the negative.


Guys, I am so pleased with this camera and just love the whole experience of shooting with film.

Although I will still shoot primarily with my Canon mirrorless because of how easy the process is with digital, I think film photography is just a great way to slow down the experience of taking pics. It really makes you more aware of what to shoot (since you're limited to the number of film exposures). I'll post some of the film photos here once in awhile. (Unfortunately, I don't intend to develop them myself in the near future, so the process takes a lot longer before I see the pics).

Speaking of photography, I'll be attending a Digital Photography course hosted by our local library this weekend which I'm quite excited about. I know... I know...I'm a bit obsessive with these things, but I can't help it....


Comments

Adam said…
I can't remember the last time I took pictures with film. I don't really miss it.
Mica said…
You got some great photos! I liked how you took just one of everything - that's something my husband does - although it does drive me crazy when I want blog pics of pics of the kids, haha! I'm too used to digital and just holding the shutter button down and then having loads of pics to sift through at the end of the day. So different from using film!

Hope that you are having a great week so far! I've had the week off which has been a nice change! :)

Away From The Blue Blog
LL Cool Joe said…
I used to love taking photos using film and then developing them in the dark room. It's so much easier with a digital camera but I miss the days of putting a film into the camera and waiting to see the results! You did well, hardly any bad shots at all.
Film is so beautiful and I definitely miss the days of waiting for a roll of film to be developed. Though there is convenience in the instant digital photos of today...each picture seemed to mean more back then. You have such a talent at taking pictures. The video really proved that! Each image held its own unique beauty. Thank you for sharing your gift with us all. <3
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com
Great to see you are having fun with your camera, and I am curious about your course!
Hello Emmy
I also needed to go to a photography course, I think I'll go with you ah !!
Many years ago also took pictures with film, of course some were good other too bad !! But we can not simply delete it, so we have to be sure of the picture. Your daughter is lovely.




have a great weekend1


xoxo

marisasclosetblog.com
FashionRadi said…
So awesome! Love your interest and love toward photography.
Keep on taking photos!

www.fashionradi.com
Looks like you're really enjoying your new film camera chingu! You said it perfectly that it makes you slow down the whole process! I always found that shooting film really helped me concentrate on nailing my composition and exposure. Your photos came out lovely :D
How fun! Shooting with film is such a different experience than shooting with digital :)
Hena Tayeb said…
Some great shots. I do not miss film. Though I agree we were more selective with what we photographed and the number of shots we took but the tedium of a dark room bored me silly. I do not have such patience.

The class sounds like fun.

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time