A new era

 Sooooo....I've been shaving my head since 2011. I even did a blog post at the beginning of this hair journey here. Yes....since 2011!!! Holy crap! There was even a time I was shaving both sides!

Well, after thinking about it for awhile now, I decided to finally grow my hair out. Wut?!?!?

I thought I'd document here how it'll be like for me for the next few months. Honestly, as much as I love this hairstyle (because most people hate it...LOLZ), I'm just too lazy now to maintain it. (I have to shave it every other week minimum...sigh).

The beginning, taken Nov 2/2023.




Taken Nov 10/2023
I decided to bleach the growing undercut. It's totally uneven.
No makeup! Don't be scared:P

I will still be bleaching and colouring it, but here it is right now (in between hair colouring). I now flip my hair to the other side to cover the shaved part. The good thing with long hair is that, fingers crossed, the grow-out phase won't be too bad coz I can use the flipped hair to just cover it.

Yes. I know my hair is damaged. I'm beyond caring at this point.



I also wear baseball caps a lot for  now:D

Have you sported a hair style for a long period of time?

Comments

rooth said…
I have always loved your hair style and am pumped to see what you do with growing it out too!
R's Rue said…
I love your hair.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
ellie said…
Oh, you are an artist! A very long time ago, I used to have one side shorter than the other while I was living back in Upstate New York. My neighbor cut it and it was a fun project through the dead of winter. My hair grew faster then too. I wished I had appreciated my hair more then. Since then, it went through a thinning phase and during the pandemic I let it grow out. Later, certain peeps in the family didn't want me to cut it. But as I said, it is so thin, So I really wear a short hair style now and sometimes, if I'm feeling pink I get out my pink wig and will go incognito.

All the best on this project. You do have so much style with this. I will be looking forward to this new journey.
Hena Tayeb said…
I always loved your hair! I have pretty much had long hair for my entire life.. never changed color or anything. I did get a short bob right after I got married but that was the extent of my hair adventures.. so boring, I know.
I've always thought your undercut and hair was super cool Emmy! They people who hate are boring haterz ;p I've been wanting to do one but haven't been able to find the guts. I've been sporting some variation of a bob for years now, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer, sometimes shaggy, sometimes sleek. It just works for me and is the most low maintenance. I'm not into spending a ton of time on my hair LOL
I have always thought your hair is so so cool, but I can totally understand not wanting to maintain it all the time. It would be a lot! It's nice that you can flip your hair over to cover up the shaved part while it grows out. I hope you have a fabulous week <3
the creation of beauty is art.
FASHION TALES said…
I think your hair always looks so cool and edgy Emmy. I hope you're doing well dear. Can you believe that the holiday season is coming upon us soon?
FASHION TALES
ALLIE NYC said…
I use to have the sides of head shaved a long time ago. Growing it out was a challenge for sure. But 12 years that is something!!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Heather Noire said…
I love your hairstyle and this post is inspiring.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/11/why-real-real-is-number-one-place-to.html
Extra said…
Thank you for consistently delivering content that stimulates thought and introspection.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Life lately- end of the school year 2023