A Rosa for David

 It's been awhile since I've sewn something for myself. Since the pandemic began, it's been mostly masks and alterations I've been doing. When I heard, however, that sewing expert/artist David Page Coffin passed away, I decided to sew a dress shirt as part of a tribute that the sewing site Pattern Review is doing.

I decided to use the Rosa pattern from Tilly and the Buttons (a pattern company I've always loved).

me wearing the Rosa shirt (Tilly and the Buttons) worn with UNIQLO pants and Vans slip ons





I made an error with the sizing of this shirt, but in the end (after changing the seam allowances), I ended up with something that fit just right.

And because I made something for myself, I had to make something for my youngest child too! LOL

I made her pyjamas. The pattern is also from Tilly and the Buttons (Margot pyjamas from her book Love at First Stitch).

In progress:
I look so serious...LOLZ

Do you do any kind of crafting? Do let me know:) 

(If you're a knitter, I'm on Ravelry as EmmMW and if you sew, I am bg031 on PatternReview.)

Comments

ellie said…
Oh, such a beautiful shirt! I love the pj bottoms too. I like to make crossover aprons from old Men's shirts. I was inspired from some woman who makes them. I am still trying to crochet the perfect bucket hat, but it hasn't happened yet. I have always liked the slouchy hat, but I am sure my friends are tired of getting those for gifts. Unfortunately, my crochet and sewing is a lot to be desired. And of course, I'd rather be writing. But on occasion I have figured out how to make the pj bottoms from old clothes and have made a few upcycles. Honestly, I do love the crossover apron for summer. It's nice to throw over a tank when I might have to run to the grocery store for something. I did finally get to JoAnn's to spend my gift cards from there. Thank god for the sales. It seems yarn has gone up. But hasn't everything? Love the post!
Hena Tayeb said…
You did such a wonderful job!
Mica said…
That shirt is lovely! I really like the print on the fabric and it looks perfect on you - such a nice thing to do to remember the artist! The PJ bottoms look so cute and comfortable as well!

Hope your week is off to a good start :) It's a very cold and wintery one here!

Away From The Blue
What a beautiful tribute. That shirt is SO beautiful. I love the print and the gorgeous details. I am always amazed by your talent. You are absolutely incredible. I love the PJ pants you made for your daughter as well. They look great!
the creation of beauty is art.
I thought this shirt was beautiful when you posted the pic of it on Twitter and it's cool to see the details now as well.. Of course you were able to course correct and make it fit just right because you're so skilled ;p And your Mini Me's pj bottoms came out fab as well! I'm trying to get back into knitting but the only thing I've been doing lately is hand lettering.
rooth said…
Both of those look amazing! Love the PJ pants - those are definitely fashun :)
R's Rue said…
Great job. Well done

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!