Another one! #TheSchoolOfMaking

 Sooooo....I finished hand-sewing another Alabama Chanin garment, you guys! This time, it's the A line tunic from the book Alabama Studio Sewing Patterns.

 (Reverse-appliquéd the whole dress using the Alabama Chanin Anna's Garden stencil. I used Createx paint, airbrushing it to the outer fabric. Both outer and inner layer fabric are also from Alabama Chanin.)


Modelling my Alabama Chanin A line tunic, y'all:)

worn with a skirt I also sewed (McCalls 6654 pattern) and House of Harlow shoes


A closer shot



I made this so that I can wear the dress inside out...two tunics for the price of one, y'all! Hehe

Weeeeeeee!

A super short video of me working on it:)
And here's a sneak peek on the project I'm already working on...I can't stop, you guys! I have their shirt workshop coming up soon too...LOLZ

Do you wear tunics? I think it's a great length...a cross between a top and a dress. Very versatile, no?



Comments

ellie said…
Oh! I love this! I wear a lot of tunics! So very impressive. You are so talented! All the best to your next project!

I am still into K-drama Backstreet Rookie..although, it has its controversy. I dunno if you watched the Firey Priest, but I think this is from the same people. One of the supporting characters is from that drama. He really loves to be over the top wearing wigs. In this case he wears dreadlocks and is a webtoon artist. I have also started Mr. Queen which is a very unique time travel story. It has it's own mystery too, but in parts its a comedy as well. I was wondering if you'd watched Devil Judge?

All the best to your creativity. I am trying hand at making a pullover crochet sweater.
rooth said…
That is so clever - I love the blue colour on you
Mica said…
That is amazing on you! Well done, you're so talented to be able to make things like this it's so beautifully detail and it's great it's reversible too! :)

Hope your week is off to a great start :)

Away From The Blue
Wow that is a work of art Emmy! It looks so GOOD on you! And not only is it gorgeous, it's genius that you made it reversible so it's two dresses in one! Your DIY skills and creativity seriously never fail to amaze! I like tunics but I don't think they do anything for me so I tend to stay away from them.
Lovely said…
Wow! This is beautiful! Love that it is reversible, and this tunic looks great on you!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Mia said…
You made this?? that's so impressive! this looks great both ways x

mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/
Be peres said…
Beautiful blouse, I loved it, I found it very versatile and stylish.
I loved your blog that I'm already following.
Kisses and have a good week.

https://beperes.blogspot.com/
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! And did I mention...WOW?? I am so amazed by your talent. I love that this can be worn two ways. It looks incredible on you! The amount of detail that the garment has and the amount of work you put into it is just remarkable. You are truly a gifted artist in so many mediums!
the creation of beauty is art.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!