(Reverse-appliquéd the whole dress using the Alabama Chanin Anna's Garden stencil. I used Createx paint, airbrushing it to the outer fabric. Both outer and inner layer fabric are also from Alabama Chanin.)
Modelling my Alabama Chanin A line tunic, y'all:)
worn with a skirt I also sewed (McCalls 6654 pattern) and House of Harlow shoes
A closer shot
I made this so that I can wear the dress inside out...two tunics for the price of one, y'all! Hehe
Weeeeeeee!
A super short video of me working on it:)
And here's a sneak peek on the project I'm already working on...I can't stop, you guys! I have their shirt workshop coming up soon too...LOLZ
Do you wear tunics? I think it's a great length...a cross between a top and a dress. Very versatile, no?
Oh! I love this! I wear a lot of tunics! So very impressive. You are so talented! All the best to your next project!
I am still into K-drama Backstreet Rookie..although, it has its controversy. I dunno if you watched the Firey Priest, but I think this is from the same people. One of the supporting characters is from that drama. He really loves to be over the top wearing wigs. In this case he wears dreadlocks and is a webtoon artist. I have also started Mr. Queen which is a very unique time travel story. It has it's own mystery too, but in parts its a comedy as well. I was wondering if you'd watched Devil Judge?
All the best to your creativity. I am trying hand at making a pullover crochet sweater.
That is amazing on you! Well done, you're so talented to be able to make things like this it's so beautifully detail and it's great it's reversible too! :)
Wow that is a work of art Emmy! It looks so GOOD on you! And not only is it gorgeous, it's genius that you made it reversible so it's two dresses in one! Your DIY skills and creativity seriously never fail to amaze! I like tunics but I don't think they do anything for me so I tend to stay away from them.
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! And did I mention...WOW?? I am so amazed by your talent. I love that this can be worn two ways. It looks incredible on you! The amount of detail that the garment has and the amount of work you put into it is just remarkable. You are truly a gifted artist in so many mediums! the creation of beauty is art.
Hubby, myself and the little one decided to go to Fairview Mall today while the boys were in school. What was happening there, you might ask? Why...the opening day of Express , of course. To be honest, I thought they had already opened. It was just perfect timing, I guess. This is their first store in Canada, and I'm really glad they picked Fairview coz it's very accessible where I live:P I've shopped in Express before, specifically the one in Buffalo (New York) and I really like their stuff. They always have a great collection season after season, and the prices are mostly reasonable. Here are some pics I took with the phone. Really love their sequined jackets! The layout is pretty good and the store size is quite substantial. The fall collection is TDF. I didn't take a pic of this killer red suit that they have, but trust me when I say it is very very nice. I would have gotten it, but it really would have just sat in my closet, and it was out of my budg...
I've been having a hard time getting motivated to post anything at all these days. I've deleted X on my phone, and am on Bluesky now, but even then, I don't really post much there. (I've stopped posting on Instagram and Facebook years ago, and don't have a TikTok/) Even having a hard time posting consistently on my Art YouTube channel. I do have a small Catholic YouTube channel, and another small "fish" channel (and I use that term lightly coz I mostly post random stuff about our shubunkin goldfishes), but even then, these days, I just want to go "off the grid" :( That is all.
I mentioned in this post how I've been trying to revamp my wardrobe because of how much I loved Song Hye Kyo's clothes in the show The Glory (thank you to my blogger friend Rowena again for recommending this show!) Slowly....slowly....I am trying. I will probably never get rid completely of all my colourful and worn clothes, but it's really been a game changer changing my style. Here's the new addition to my closet, inspired by SHK. I've been looking for a black coat for awhile and finally found it! Zara oversized coat LOLZ....excuse the RBF. This was me trying it in the store before buying. Was really debating as I'm trying not to spend so much, but this coat was reasonably priced, and it the last of my size! What's a girl to do? Who has been your style inspo lately?
Comments
I am still into K-drama Backstreet Rookie..although, it has its controversy. I dunno if you watched the Firey Priest, but I think this is from the same people. One of the supporting characters is from that drama. He really loves to be over the top wearing wigs. In this case he wears dreadlocks and is a webtoon artist. I have also started Mr. Queen which is a very unique time travel story. It has it's own mystery too, but in parts its a comedy as well. I was wondering if you'd watched Devil Judge?
All the best to your creativity. I am trying hand at making a pullover crochet sweater.
Hope your week is off to a great start :)
Away From The Blue
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/
I loved your blog that I'm already following.
Kisses and have a good week.
https://beperes.blogspot.com/
the creation of beauty is art.