#FanExpoCanada2022 (Picture-Heavy)

 If you guys have been reading my blog for awhile, then you may know that the Fan Expo is an annual tradition for us. First time we went was in 2012!

2019 was the last time we did it, as when COVID happened, the 2020 one was cancelled , and 2021 was still a scary time for Toronto.

 This year, however, with all of us having been vaccinated and received our booster shots, we decided to go back. It was such a great experience (as always). We went on Saturday (it runs for 4 days), so it was super busy!

Below are pics...quite a lot coz I took my camera, too (aside from using my phone).

We left super early....

The sun...it was blinding!

My daughter cosplayed as a Sparrow Academy member (from the show The Umbrella Academy)


So excited to be back at Metro Convention Centre for this!















World of Ghibli!


We tweeted this picture, and got a prize from the World of Ghibli booth! So cool:)


Line up for the Genshin photo op was super long....sigh....


This dude in front of us in the line up was super cool. Genshin Impact is HUGE (and no, I don't play it but my middle child does.)

Panel with Dominic Monaghan (from LOTR and Lost). He was great:)


The crowd on the North building by the time lunch time rolled around....ack!

My daughter saw The Bee Family, who she watches on YouTube, and she kinda freaked out and asked me to ask them for a pic. They were super nice, you guys:))



I think these were all from the Bandai booth:



My fave purchase of the day...these truffles were AMAZEBALLS!





Are you a fan of conventions? 

PS. I usually live-tweet these things we go to. If you want to see our haul, please check out my Twitter acct:)

Comments

It looks like such a fun day. I'm glad the family was able to attend after a few years away! There is always so much to see and do there! I especially love the picture with Totoro! That is so cool. I'm always amazed by all of the artwork and costumes at Fan Expo. People are so creative.
rooth said…
Wow it was super packed - looks like y'all all had an awesome time!
Looks like you all had a blast! Loving your Mini Me's UA cosplay outfit! She totally nailed it! Super cool that you guys won a prize from the World of Ghibli booth. Totoro is <3 I used to have to work and attend conventions for work so I don't really enjoy them because of that association ;p
ellie said…
Such a great time! Wow! That would have been so exciting to attend. Awesome activities too! Such amazing photos!

Love your daughter's cosplay outfit❤️ Love your outfit too. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

We seem to have something along the cosplay superhero kind of conventions that start in the spring. They have grown a lot in our area. At the moment was the pirate festival nearby. But it can't compare to this fantastic event!
Adam said…
Looks like a lot of fun
Mica said…
Wow that is such a huge crowd! I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy this expo again with your family - you got a lot of great pics and it seems like you had a lot of fun, even if I don't know all the characters or people you met!

Hope you are having a lovely day :)

Away From The Blue
I always look forward to reading this post! I’ve only attended one time, but what impressed me were both the fans (who dress up in amazing costumes (cosplay) and how sweet the actors are to their fans. Sci-fi and gaming are the best! So glad it returned and you guys were able to go. Such a fun time! Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!