We the champs!

So...if you're into sports, you probably know that last week, the Toronto Raptors won the NBA Championship.

That's quite a big deal for the city, you guys! We haven't won anything since the Blue Jays won back to back in 1992 and 1993.

Fun Fact: My older sister and I were at the championship parade in 1992! I don't remember much of it, except I do remember taking the subway home:P

As a tribute to the win, I decided to get this hat:D I didn't really feel like making all the effort to buy the Championship one (sold out everywhere except for two stores downtown so you have to order online and wait), so I just bought this one that my eldest son picked out. (Man...the prices of these officially licensed products are just insane!!!!)

Another fun fact: The Raptors used to practice at my alma mater when I was there (Glendon Campus of York University) and I remember going to the athletic house hoping to catch a glimpse of them practicing. I did not.

wearing my official Toronto Raptors cap by Mitchell and Ness



This was how the city celebrated, you guys!


Now, if the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup next, my life will be complete:D

Comments

Stevevhan said…
Indeed that's a bigdeal! How many years was that? Congrats to TR!
Mica said…
What a fun cropped tee! I like the hat you bought for the occasion, even if I don't follow sports it's great to see everyone's excitement with the win :)

Hope that you have a lovely weekend ahead of you :)


Away From Blue
Congratulations Emmy for the victory and as for your look you look like a beautiful young girl !! Actually these licensed clothes have prohibitive prices !!!
Bye Champ!

marisasclosetblog.com
LL Cool Joe said…
Love the cap and yes all the official gear, particularly caps are crazy prices. As much as I love them I wouldn't pay that much.
There's nothing like a championship to unite a city! I'm so happy for Jeremy Lin because Taiwan :) The only time we ever tried to watch basketball was when he was a sensation with the Knicks. We actually tuned into a game of the finals one night when there wasn't any baseball on and I promptly fell asleep LOL So chingu are you gonna still be a fan next season? Since you've got some gear and all now ;p
Emmylou said…
Lin is just one super classy dude.<3 And yeah...considering how expensive this hat was, I have no other choice but to keep loving them! LOLZ
Emmylou said…
Yup..paying for this hat was pretty painful.
Emmylou said…
A loooooong time for sure!:)
Adam said…
It's funny how little we remember in our youth.
You look so beautiful and HAPPY in that hat! I love how excited you are. I vaguely remember the Jays winning back in the 90s and used to wear the championship shirt all the time. It's exciting when your local teams win!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com
Tanza Erlambang said…
congratulation to the Toronto Raptors....
your hat looks great
Olga said…
Cool outfit!

https://www.lostindaydreams.com/
Evi Erlinda said…
A great Toronto Raptors cap!!
Sakuranko said…
Oh very cute style darling
I like the top
xx
ALLIE NYC said…
Wow congratulations to them and the city!! I know how exiting this can be. The hat is a great mommento. My step family is coming to visit from Paris next month for a week and then they are headed to Toronto. Wish I could go with them!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Dyn said…
My brother has the same cap and I like to steal it sometimes :p
rooth said…
Congrats to Toronto!!

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!