What have I been watching #13

Some old and new stuff I've just seen that I liked:D

1) Between Two Ferns: The Movie
If you're a fan of Zach's internet show on FunnyOrDie.com, then you will love this film (on Netflix). The premise is kinda stupid but the interviews with the celebs (which is the heart of the show and the movie) are just fun to watch. Fave one was the Keanu Reeves bit:D Also love Paul Rudd's, and the bloopers at the end were pretty kewl.

2) Criminal UK
 This is a new Netflix show, and has different versions (four episodes from UK, France, Germany, Spain), but this is the only one I've seen so far and I liked it. It's a police procedural show, and has a brilliant cast and dialogue.

(PS David Tennant was in the first episode, and was brilliant was always, but man...Hayley Atwell was just amazing and really stole that episode she was on.)

3) Suspiria
This was a re-make of the 1977 horror movie (which I haven't seen yet), and even though I think Dakota Johnson is just a so-so actress in general, she was ok here, and Tilda Swinton was great as always.

4) Texas Chainsaw
This came out in 2013 and I can't believe I've just seen this now. Campy but a fan watch (especially if you don't mind gore).


5) The Machinist
I'm a HUGE FAN of Christian Bale, but I must admit I've avoided seeing this film just because seeing the images of him so emaciated was just too disturbing. I finally did watch this just recently, and I can't believe he didn't win an OSCAR for this part. This was a great psychological thriller with a great story line, and Christian really proved how great of an actor he is with this part.

What have you been watching lately?

Comments

Mica said…
I've seen a few clips of between the ferns and they made me giggle, so maybe I should check out the movie! I'll add it to my queue, one day I'm sure I'll have time to watch all these things, haha!

Hope that you have had a good week and have a nice weekend ahead of you :)

Away From Blue
The premise and format of Criminal sounds like it could be very compelling. We wanted to check this one out after seeing the trailer. And we like David Tennant and Hayley Atwell as well. She is so underrated.
Adam said…
I haven't seen the ferns bit in forever. Those were always funny.
I added Between Two Ferns to my wash list yesterday! So hopefully I'll have a chance to watch that some time soon. Sounds like you've been watching a lot of really fabulous things lately. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com
FashionRadi said…
I haven't seen any of these. I watched "rambo" yesterday... it was great!
Kinga K. said…
I need to watch them ❤
Amy Aed said…
I have never seen any of these but I'm currently looking for some new things to binge so I think I'd definitely give a few of these a go.

Have a great week :)
Amy x Wandering Everywhere
Hena Tayeb said…
I really don't like Dakota Johnson..
We don't watch many movies.. I'm hoping to get into all the halloween themed ones with the boys soon. I did finish the second season of Mindhunter which is so so good.
I like so much Suspiria remake - so awesome movie and this music in the amazing :-)
Mila said…
Loved Criminal - did you know they have from other countries too? I'm finishing Unbelievable today and might continue with Mindhunter. Also loved a Spanish series, Locked Up.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time