Currently Loving #52 (Deep clean edition)

 Sooooo...if you guys have been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember how I started KonMari'ing everything at the end of 2016. It's something I truly believe in and honestly, I like watching videos about other people de-cluttering.

What happened was...YouTube started recommending these cleaning motivation videos on my feed, and a million videos later, plus binge-watching Hoarders, led me to deep-clean our house. Not just washing the walls and dusting everything, but I mean DEEP CLEANING, you guys...using toothpicks and toothbrushes to clean every little nook and cranny! (Our ceiling fans get dusty in a blink of an eye that I think there's an evil dust fairy living in our house.)

I'm about a week-and-a-half into it, and I still have about 30% left to do (I still haven't touched our laundry room). Man...some days, I was up til 12 still finishing stuff and I get so pooped, but it does feel lovely to wake up to a clean house:D (My family thinks I'm crazy BTW.)

I thought I'd show you guys my fave cleaning products. Really awesome products I recommend:D 

My fave all purpose cleaners: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day, Saje Multi Clean and Method All-Purpose. Used for countertops, walls, and such.
My fave for bathroom cleaning: Vim Creme and Lysol wipes. Coz you need heavy-duty stuff for the washroom:D Honestly, the washrooms were the easiest to clean coz I am pretty good with cleaning these. You have to be, with boys in the house.

MISC cleaning: glass cleaner from a Japanese dollar store, and Spray Kleen for carpet and upholstery stains before shampooing. My SIL supplies me with Spray Kleen coz she knows how much I love it:D

For kitchen stuff used for cooking: Vinegar and baking soda. No chemicals, you guys. 

Used a baking soda paste to clean our nasty oven, with vinegar and water to rinse it. I was lazy maintaining it and had to deep-clean it twice because of all the grease:( So happy how this turned out! Not perfect, but yay.



For all the wood furnitures and cabinets, like our kitchen cupboards below: Murphy Oil Soap and Old English Lemon Oil


Fave cleaning tool: Quickie Jobsite microfibre cloths. Guys, this is seriously the best one I've tried, and I'm so obsessed with these.


If President Biden needs to deep clean the White House before moving in, I can so do it...hehehe....

Anyhoo, what is your fave cleaning product for the home? Do tell.

PS If you need a sample of a cleaning motivation video, here's one below:)



Comments

Mica said…
Maybe I should watch these videos, haha! I clean the house every single day but I'm not deep cleaning - I think the oven is a once, maybe twice a year thing for example, and I vacuum more than I mop. Was surprised to see method cleaner - we have that brand here too! Although with all the pandemic stuff this year my go-to brand became whatever was in stock at the time, haha!

Hope that you have had a nice weekend :)

Away From The Blue
Oh my goodness! You are amazing! I am currently deep cleaning my home as well, but it is taking ages, because I am squeezing it into small chunks of time. So, one section of a room at a time. But this is definitely a good time to get everything squeaky clean! I am glad you have so many products that are making your job a little bit easier.
ellie said…
Great! I do love Meyer's products..and of course, good old vinegar and baking soda to the rescue! What a wonderful Monday post. I should deep clean more. It always seems to be an uphill battle.
rooth said…
We really need to deep clean the oven - you've motivated me to tackle it this weekend!
Hena Tayeb said…
Wow.. that is impressive. I have kept an old electric toothbrush to help me clean grout lines etc.. I don't do it often but when I do I love using the electric toothbrush.. less though on my arm.
Kinga K. said…
I will check these clean products❤
Good for you chingu! I fell behind in my decluttering and deep cleaning projects because of my shoulder pain and am only almost done with them now. Just finished the windows and re-covered our terrace door with a new decorative window film. Hubby did such a great job putting it up. For cleaning, I swear by Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner, Magic Erasers and I swear old socks are the best thing for dusting ;p
ALLIE NYC said…
Yes I have seen these videos. They are very motivation to be sure. I hate clutter and always have it makes me nervous lol. And great tip about the baking soda. I so need to clean the oven!! I like you have avoided it.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Sakuranko said…
Oh so nice products! I love to clean deep with minimal products
Great post
xx
Doing a deep clean sounds like a really smart idea! I love Mrs. Meyer's products.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!