Dear Momma

 My mother just had a milestone birthday this past weekend. Because of our city still being in lockdown, we were, unfortunately, unable to celebrate the usual way, but my younger sis thought we should still surprise her outside her apartment building.

We couldn't even really hug each other or anything like that, but you know what? You don't really need all that to show someone you care:)

(We asked her to remove her mask for the photos, but she was wearing it the whole time otherwise:))



The whole fam with my mum:D

My younger sis and her hubby


PS Just thought I'd include this photo my eldest took of me and hubby at home...look how happy we look!!!

How do you celebrate events now that we are living a "new norm"?


Comments

rooth said…
Happy birthday to your mom - she looks so happy to be with all of you!
Hena Tayeb said…
So glad you were able to celebrate.. even with the distance.
ellie said…
Oh, so bitter-sweet. It is hard to celebrate and yet its great when it takes off. I hope you are all staying well. I would love to see friends. And sometimes, I feel I'm growing a little insane...so I keep writing, do a little crochet, work and yet, sleep feels sometimes the hardest.
Mica said…
How cute! the balloons look fun! Happy birthday to your mum - it's so nice you were able to visit even if you had to distance. We had a lot of family birthdays over Iso and it was so sad to only see each other through the screen - as soon as the distance restrictions were lifted and we could travel we made up for it with lots of hugs! :)

Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

Away From The Blue | Handbag Gift Guide
Happy Birthday to your Mama! Birthday celebrations are definitely different this year but I bet it meant the world to her just to be able to get to see you and your sis and her grandkids on her special day. Hope you and the fam are staying safe and well chingu <3
Shybiker said…
Life is hard now. Celebrations are difficult and any kind of gathering is tough. Best wishes to your mom.
Aww! Happy birthday to your mom! This is definitely a difficult time when it comes to celebrations and birthdays (I've had to do some porch drop offs and whatnot for some birthdays) but I am so glad you were able to see one another and make sure her day was special. That is what matters most. You made it a birthday to remember!
Adam said…
I do like the balloons she’s got
Lovely said…
Happy Birthday to your Mum! It's very sweet of you guys to throw this surprise for her.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
R's Rue said…
Happy birthday to your mom.
What a sweet way to celebrate your mom's birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!