Oh, Marius!

 Soooooo...I know we are going into summer soon here in North America, but guys, I just finished knitting a piece I am really quite proud of.

Felt like I was knitting this for forever, but I started this April 17th so it's actually not too bad. It had, however, a lot of steps like steeking (cutting up your knitting for an opening) and sewing in facings which are really quite tedious, but hey....it's done! Anyhoo, here is my Marius cardigan.

The Marius cardigan is quite an iconic piece in Norwegian knitting.






out and about

My newly knitted Marius cardigan out in public:D


The details:


I used the pattern from the Norwegian yarn company Sandnes Garn (the yarn I actually used), which you can buy here.

Marius Cardigan


Me sewing in the facing for one of the sleeves...


And here are videos of me steeking (First video is me sewing in the front of the cardigan before cutting it up so that it doesn't fray. Second video is me actually cutting up the front. You do these for the sleeves opening as well.)



PS I made a Marius pullover for my daughter in 2019. I really love knitting this:D



Comments

ellie said…
Such beautiful work! I love this. And as someone said..we have had a cold start to spring and summer..so wear that baby! You are so artistic! Love it!
Kinga K. said…
You look nice ❤
Oh my gosh! What an intricate and detailed design. You are SO talented. This turned out beautifully and I can't believe you were able to complete it in such a short timeframe. You are amazing! Luckily, the temperatures haven't been too warm lately, so hopefully you will have an opportunity to wear that incredible sweater a few more times this season.
Mica said…
You are so talented! This looks beautiful and so cosy - definitely worth all of the hard work to make it! :) It's really nice on you!

Hope you had a good weekend :)

Away From The Blue
Hena Tayeb said…
WOW! Like really.. wow. That is so incredible. You are so talented.. did I say wow?
This beautiful sweater is indeed a piece worthy of being proud of! Always stunned by your daebak knitting and sewing skills Emmy <3
ellie said…
Oh! Check out K-drama Sell Your Haunted House! I think you would like it!

https://mydramalist.com/71995-daebak-real-estate

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!