What have I been watching #26

 These are shows and movies I've seen or  watching right now that I am loving:)

all images from imdb.com

1) The Tale of the Nine-Tailed

Thought I'd start off with what I'm currently watching and OBSESSED WITH!



I've been a huge Lee Dong Wook fan since watching him on Goblin (I even made a post on it), so I can't believe I only started watching this show. I am trying so hard not to binge-watch it coz, man....I LOVE THIS SHOW! Dong Wook as the nine-tailed fox....I am just swooning. He's so perfect for this role, and I like his co-star Jo Bo-ah as well.

 Kim Bum from Boys over Flowers is also here as Dong Wook's younger brother so double yay:D

2) Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

I loved the first two movies, so this was a no-brainer for me. Loved it, of course, although I must admit it's not as scary (IMO) as the first one.


3) Midnight Mass
 I love Mike Flanagan's works (have posted before about his other Netflix series Haunting of Bly Manor and Hanging of Hill House. He also directed Doctor Sleep.) I must admit that Midnight Mass has got to be my fave.
Although it's technically a "vampire" series, there are so many heavy topics dealt with, such as faith and forgiveness. Highly highly recommend.


4) Hush

Speaking of Mike Flanagan, I also just finally watched this older film of his, and it's quite good as well. More suspense than horror.


5) There's Someone Inside Your House

A fun teen horror flick.  A bit predictable, but it's ok.


6) The Dead Don't Die

I honestly just decided to watch this because of Adam Driver and Bill Murray, but I ended up liking it. I've never seen any films by director Jim Jarmusch before so I don't know if this is usual style of film-making but I liked it. (I did watch a bit of Only Lovers Left Alive but have not had the chance to watch it completely.)


7) The Ruins

I watched this because the book it's based on has been touted as a great horror read, and man, this movie....what a ride. Very disturbing for sure, and quite gory, but I loved it.


8) The Descent

This was also quite a decent horror film. Although I prefer supernatural horror, this was still quite good IMO.


9) The Mimic

This Korean horror film was another great watch. A bit slow at first, but liked the whole film in general.



Guys, let me know what you've been watching recently. Are you a fan of Lee Dong Wook too? LOLZ

Comments

ellie said…
OMG,..yes the first one you mentioned is on my list. I do love WOOK sincerely..and Kim Bum always a favorite. I have loved him since the drama I watched where he was this guy in jail who thinks he's an angel. Honestly out of all the Flower Boys he is my favorite! Such a great list of shows. I remember seeing the Ruins in the theater..I had read the book with a friend..so we wanted to go. I dunno..the book might have been better..yet I closed my eyes a lot during the movie!

Just about done with the first season of Queen of Mystery. Oh, I felt so bad for her in her personal story and as a Prosecutor's housewife who is in pretty much a loveless relationship put together by his mother who was just trying to keep her as part of the family. Add in the detective and the endless search for the girl he loved in college..just to find out this poor little rich boy is just part of his Dad's scheme of things who is practically the law of the higher ups the police. I started Chinese "You Are My Hero" which is kind of like The Descendents. Although, her love interest looks like an 8th grader compared to her..so I dunno if can keep going with that one. And hopefully, I'll get K-Drama Dali and the Cocky Prince done. It has a lot of mystery to it. I think it's the best of the two main leads I've seen in anything they have done.
Oh wow. You've been able to watch a lot of really interesting things! I really wanted to watch Midnight Mass before Halloween, but life was so busy, that I wasn't able to. Even though Halloween has passed...I still really want to watch it. The overall themes sound really interesting and I'm curious to see how issues like faith and forgiveness are tackled within the series. I also added There's Someone Inside Your House to my watch list but haven't gotten to it. I love a good teen slasher movie. They are usually predictable, but still enjoyable to watch. Thanks for the reminder on these!
the creation of beauty is art.
Hena Tayeb said…
I haven't seen any of these.. though I was intrigued by Midnight Mass.. good to hear you liked it. May check it out myself.
Adam said…
Been watching a lot of big bang theory recently
Abdel said…
Great selection! Thanks for sharing.

Abdel | Infinitely Posh.
rooth said…
We watched the third Conjuring movie on Halloween. I agree with you, not as scary as the prior two
I have had a soft spot for Dong Wook ever since watching him in the drama My Girl back in the day. I also loved him in Partner which is a very underrated drama with Kim Hyun Joo who I also adore. I haven't watched him in that much recently because he always ends up with the worst co-stars who can't act. I heard so not so great things about The Tale of the Nine-Tailed Fox including that he has better chemistry with Kim Bum than his female lead which has been known to happen like in Goblin which we are currently watching. But I may check out the second season if Kim So Yeon ends up accepting a role. She is such a good actress that I miss watching as well.
Lovely said…
I haven't watched many of these movies. I will check them out. Thanks for the recommendations!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Mica said…
I'm always impressed by how many scary movies and TV shows you can watch, haha! Some of the descriptions and images alone are enough for me to know they are too scary for me! :)

Hope that you are having a good week :)

Away From The Blue
these are very interesting movies.... i just re-watched The Descent yesterday.

Glowyshoe's blog
The Dead Don't Die sounds intriguing!
R's Rue said…
These all sound very interesting. Have a wonderful day my friend.
Kinga K. said…
I want to watch The Ruins❤

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time