What have I been watching #27- Disney+ edition (Best and Worst)

 These are the movies/show I've just recently seen on Disney+ and as the title suggests, I've seen some really good ones...and ones I really hated.

We'll start off with the two I loved:

1) Encanto

Such a sweet story with a great cast of voice actors, and well, the song "Don't Talk About Bruno"...nuff said.:)

(I should say that I wasn't too happy with the ending just because I felt it negated the whole lesson of not needing magic to be special, but oh well...still loved this movie.)


2) Eternals
I had such low expectations for this film, so I was really surprised how much  I ended up  loving this film. Eternals had such a great cast, and I think Chloé Zhao did such a fantastic job in how she dealt with such an epic storyline.

Highlight: Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo and Don Lee as Gilgamesh...so awesome. I also think Angelina did a fabulous job as Thena.

Now...for the ones I hated:(

3) Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Man....I know I'm supposed to love this movie, being Asian and all, but seriously...what the heck was this movie?!?!

I felt the story line was not only predictable, but the actual lines and action scenes in this movie...I can't even:( (I think I was rolling my eyes most of the time.)

I also usually like Awkwafina, but her character arc....how was she able to shoot that well after one day of training!?!? 

Simu Liu...a fellow Canadian....what the heck happened? The acting (or lack thereof)....I can't even:(


4) Hawkeye
I'm a huge Marvel fan, but I gave up on this after 4 episodes. I know I will probably finish this eventually, but...like...seriously...why was this show even made?!?!?

Not only did I find it boring, this was another one where the lines were just...I can't even:( What a waste of great actors, and when I say great actors, I actually mean only Vera Farmiga.

Have you seen any of these? What did you think? 

(Honestly, almost everyone I know loved Shang Chi so I may be the only one in this planet that hated this movie.)


Comments

Oh, what a bummer! I wanted to watch Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, because the trailer looked really good. What a disappointment. I did watch Encanto recently and I do agree with you about ending!
ellie said…
So glad to see your reviews. I just knew Shan Chi would let us down..somehow. Which is sad. I think I would have gone with somebody like Seo Jun Park in the main role..but he might not could have saved it, either.

I started RESET on VIKI (Chinese) I think it's one of the better Chinese productions and storyline too. It's a premise I know has been done before, but the actors they have for this one make it feel more real. They are in a LOOP that starts when they wake up on a bus and of course, there is an accident..but was it just an accident? So after waking up several times and going through the explosion again and again..they do find a way to get off the bus..but then they are questioned by the police. It's only 15 episodes of this "game" kind of drama.
Hena Tayeb said…
My kids say no to Encanto every time I bring it up.
We watched Eternals just this weekend and we struggled staying awake. :( Though I feel so happy to see Kumail - a fellow Pakistani getting super hero status.
Haven't seen Shang Chi yet but it's on the list.
We did see the new Spider Man and loved it.
Adam said…
Shang-Chi was really awesome

Eternals were much better than I expected

And I really enjoyed Hawkeye

FASHION TALES said…
I saw Encanto with my nephews and thought it was adorable. Not so much on Eternals, and I felt the same about Hawkeye, so boring. I will have to check out the others. Hope you have a lovely new week. <3
FASHION TALES
Kinga K. said…
I want to watch Encanto ❤
rooth said…
I haven't seen any of these yet but we were hoping that Shang Chi would be good - womp womp
No you're not the only one who didn't care for Shang Chi. We hated it and Simu Liu and Awkwafina were a big part of that. They were both awful. His bad Chinese was really irksome and she just does the same schtick over and over. And they were both not great at action. The rest of the cast and the action sequences were good at least. Had to make a few attempts to get through Eternals which we felt was even worse. The CGI and action looked like tv quality and the writing was so bad. My husband told me the original story from the comic books and they really should've stuck with that. Encanto is on our watch list but we have too many K-dramas and movies we want to watch more ;p
Mica said…
It's a shame you haven't loved everything you've seen lately! Encanto is on my list to watch but the kids keep picking other movies for family movie night so we haven't seen it yet. They did want to watch it last weekend but I was still pretty sore from my wisdom tooth surgery and told them to pick another one as I wouldn't be really engaged in the movie anyway, haha! Hopefully we get to watch it this weekend - even if you didn't like the ending.

Hope that your week is going well :)

Away From The Blue
Lovely said…
We are planning to watch Encanto this weekend. I'm glad to know you loved it.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Encanto seems really cute, but I don’t have Disney+ HaHaHa Really glad to hear about Eternals. I’ve been watching some documentaries on Netflix.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!