What have I been reading

 Books that I've just read or currently reading:)

1) Reacher: Killing Floor by Lee Child        

Loved the series on Amazon (and the Tom Cruise movies) so I decided to finally read the first book. I liked it a lot, but is it the best written? Not really, but still a great read.

                   

2) Fangs by Sarah Andersen
I've wanted to get my hands on this for a long time and finally did. I love this graphic novel! Such a quirky story, and Sarah's comedic timing when it comes to her comic panels is just perfect.

Currently reading...
3) The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
I've always loved Ernest Hemingway since reading A Moveable Feast and some of his short stories, but have not really read any of his fiction work. (Crazy, right?!?) I am reading this right now, and am also loving it so far. I've always admired his writing style.

(Edit:Just realized I've already this a long time ago! This was a re-read, Loved it even more the second time around.)

4) Making Comics by Scott McCloud
This is a re-read for me. I'm currently loving this idea of doing a graphic novel in the future, and this book is just so inspiring and full of information.

What have you been reading lately?

PS Just in case you have some free time, here's my latest YouTube video where I talk about digital vs oil painting:D



Comments

Mica said…
I haven't read any of these so thanks for sharing them! :) I've been reading quite a lot lately as so many of my hold requests at the library have come in at once - one week I had 6 books to read, eek! Thankfully I had quite a few short ones in the pile that meant I'm not too far behind, but I have a super long book I still haven't read yet that's due back next week - and I'm still finishing up another one first, hoping I get time for it! My to be read pile is out of control, haha! If it wasn't for the pressure of reading them and getting them back to the library on time I wouldn't normally read so much!

Hope you had a good weekend!

Away From The Blue
rooth said…
Bryan and his dad are a big fan of the Lee Child books - could it be all the action in them? :)
ellie said…
Wonderful to know what you are reading. Oh, I did finish The Paris Apartment and wasn't impressed at all. I am kind of on the fence with Things We Not Got Over. It's new adult and some very cranky characters. I have dabbled a little with Collen Hoover's women's fiction. I do and I don't like it. I did get Elisabeth Engstrom's Guys Named Bob which is possibly the winner which is Erotic Horror from the 80's. I am still trying to get through Jin Yong's Condor Heroes, but I have decided I'd rather have a Wuxia drama to watch than reading the adaptation in English. But of course, I would rather be writing than reading.

I hope your creativity has returned and you are getting your strength back. Great to see your Monday post!
Adam said…
I really wish I could draw
Fangs looks right up my alley and I definitely want to keep my eyes peeled for it! I think it would be SO cool if you created a graphic novel. I would absolutely read that. You are such a talented artist, so I know that anything you create will be a success <3
the creation of beauty is art.
Anonymous said…
The Sun Also Rises is my favorite Hemingway works. If you like this, you should also check out The Torrents of Spring which is lesser known but also really good. My husband has read a few of the Reacher books but they're not really my jam ;p

I really hope you're feeling much better and getting your energy levels back up to normal Emmy <3

Rowena @ rolala loves
Fangs looks interesting, and how fun that you're thinking of making a graphic novel!
Anonymous said…
Reading Hemingway is always a good idea. Sending lots of love your way. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!