What have I been reading #3

 This year, I promised myself I would read more. I used to be a voracious reader, and would love to go back to that:)

Fun fact: My major in university was International Studies, but most of my electives were English Literature classes. Guess what? Those were the classes I really did well in....LOLZ

What I just finished:


Finished The House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski and finished re-reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott. Both are books I really love and give 5 stars out of 5.


Currently reading:
re-reading The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood. Read this a few times years ago (from the library), and finally bought my own copy

reading Chuck Palahniuk's Consider This. Loving this so far.

My TBR for the next few months:
S by JJ Abrams and Doug Durst
Crime and Punishment (Dostoevsky)
The Odyssey
The Iliad
Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
A Moveable Feast (Hemingway)- re-read
On Writing (Stephen King)- re-read
Heartless (Marissa Meyer)- from my sis-in-law
The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern)- bought this years ago when my kids' school did the Scholastic sale!

The Devil of Nanking (about to pick this up from the library)

I'm buying this soon. Have not read any Sarah J Maas books before, and people seem to really love or hate her series so I'm really curious!


Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

Comments

It is amazing that you are making more time to read this year. That is something that I have really wanted to focus on as well. Reading is my favourite thing to do...but it can be hard to squeeze in when there are so many other time demands. The books you've read so far sound really interesting and it looks like you have a lot of great books to read next. Also, you can never go wrong with a little Margaret Atwood. Definitely a good choice!
the creation of beauty is art.
Mica said…
I was really impressed with what I managed to read last year, although I'm not sure I'll be able to top it this year, I read 139 books! I'm working on trying to use the library a bit less and focus on getting through all the books I buy at the opshop - I have quite a TBR pile at home full of $1 books that I should really clear out by reading through to find if any are keepers!
ellie said…
Wow! Such an impressive list. Oh, it seems harder and harder for me to get through a book..as you know..I would rather be writing....although, I know I should be reading. I have picked up a few translations of a few Chinese authors that I have thought a lot of from watching their dramas. Although, those translations aren't always that good. And then I like to find those that I think are fun like Barbarian Alien and Such Sharp Teeth. I have made it through a couple of Colleen Hoover books, but I'm not always in the mood. It looks like you are off to an amazing start! All the best to the new year's read. Now if I could just finish up what is stored in my Kindle. I also like our Library app LIBBY. Another way to find reads on your phone.
Good for you that you're trying to read more this year Emmy! I'm trying to do the same. I read Chuck Palahniuk's Consider This a few years ago and I'm not surprised you're loving it so far. I enjoyed it very much and found it very enlightening and inspiring. I'm always looking to improve my writing skills.I think I might actually re-read it as I'm thinking of getting back into fiction writing, Happy reading chingu :D Hope everyone in your family is over their colds and doing better!
Adam said…
I haven't read any of these
Kinga K. said…
I have read one book by M. Atwod :)
Jo Rashi said…
These books look super amazing...thanks for sharing dear :-)
Beauty and Fashion/Glamansion/Rampdiary
Hena Tayeb said…
That's great to hear that you are getting back into reading.
I admire you Emmy! Anyone that re-reads is super duper awesomeness! I have to read some of the books on your list. I am happy to say that I have read The Night Circus. I absolutely love it and can’t understand why they haven’t made it into a movie. If you know the answer, please inform me.

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!