What have I been watching #29- a whole lotta Zoë

 Some films I've seen since my last "What have I been watching post":)

1) The Pyramid

An old-ish horror film I just recently saw. Not the scariest, but I thought it was ok.


2) Gemini
Great cast but the story line was kinda stupid. Had to watch it though coz I love Zoë Kravitz:)

3) Kimi
Can't really go wrong with Zoë.:D A bit slow but the last 30 minutes was worth it.

4) Nausicää and the Valley of the Wind
I can't believe I just recently saw this. This is a Hayao Miyazaki film, and it has become one of my top fave films. Even though this was released in 1984, the animation still stands today, and what a great story to boot. 11 out of 10:D

5) The Batman
Being a Twihard, this was a no-brainer for me, and man, Robert and Zoë...what chemistry! Love love love this rendition of Batman.

6) Nightmare Alley
Honestly, not my fave del Toro film, but what a great cast.

7) Dune
Every second of this film was just beautiful. Totally worth the hype that it got.

And what I'm currently watching:
Demon Slayer- Season 2 (Entertainment District Arc)

This follows what happened in the Mugen Train movie. Can't recommend this animé enough. It's almost scary how a grown woman like me is so obsessed with this series, but it is what it is.
Tanjiro and Nezuko are such great characters, along with the rest of the Demon Slayer Corps and the Hashiras:)

Have you seen any of these films?

Comments

rooth said…
I haven't watched any of these but love Miyazaki films
ellie said…
So glad you have been watching so much. And THE BATMAN! My friend loved it, but I haven't gone. I did see THE LOST CITY this weekend. Honestly, Daniel Radcliff steals the show. It was fun. Although, I kept thinking the whole time..if this would have been a Chinese drama they would have the secret entrance already and done some total cultivation of the mind and of course been able to use their inner energy.

I caught up on a few K-dramas I somehow didn't finish like LONGING HEART (which is really out there in time travel with the younger and older self competing against each other) And hopefully, I can get through WHEN THE WEATHER IS FINE. Honestly, it's the aunt who makes this drama with the back story who is a novelist and keeps telling her boyfriend from high school 'lets breakup' but it isn't until later the back story comes to light about what happened to her sister's husband and that is what makes the story boil, while the rest of the story simmers with two troubled late twenty-somethings finally get together in this rural community. What is great is the supporting cast, especially the little sister who has a crush on a 'smart guy' but keeps telling him "I don't like you at all". Lets say there is a lot of winter in this drama and it was made in the beginning of the pandemic. The star of the show in real-life went to a fashion show and was then in quarantine so the whole drama was delayed for a few weeks. It's got Seo Kang Joon and this must have been so hard for him to make because he is extremely shy in this one.
I actually haven't seen any of the movies on this list, but I am also a Twilight fan, and so I absolutely must see The Batman at some point. So glad it was well done and there was great on-screen chemistry!
the creation of beauty is art.
Hena Tayeb said…
I haven't seen any of them. But have heard of Kami as well as Batman (obviously)
The only one I've watched out of these is Dune and I can't wait for the sequel! I haven't seen much with Zoë Kravitz but I did enjoy her in High Fidelity.
Mica said…
I haven't seen any of these! To be honest though the only time I watch a movie is on our family piza and movie night each weekend and the kids pick the movie then, haha! I can't remember the last time I watched a movie they didn't pick!

Hope you're having a good week! Another rainy day here.

Away From The Blue
Dune and The Batman are definitely on my list to see. So glad you liked both.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!