A new beginning

 If you guys have been following me for awhile now here or on Twitter, you might know that I am more of a traditional artist and use oil paints (on a canvas) as my main method of painting.

This year, however, I decided to learn digital painting. I figured...why not? I've always loved learning (have always been a nerd), and life is too short not to try, right?

Mainly using Loish's tutorials on Patreon (I just did a blog post on her here), I created my first official digital art using Procreate (on an iPad).


Here's a 30-second time lapse:

Since I've had Photoshop for forever (used it for photography and even took a class on it), I decided it's about time to learn how to use it for art...wut?!?!

Here's my first setup using the Huion Inspiroy drawing tablet (inherited from my middle child):


Here's my setup now, using Wacom One


Using another Loish tutorial on Patreon, here's a water rendering painting I did...not my best but I learned a lot!

Just in case you are interested, my recent video talks in greater details about this:)


Do you do digital painting or have given it a go? What are you interested in learning?

Comments

Mica said…
Your digital painting is awesome! It's so good you are using a new medium for your creativity so you can create in so many different ways, and the results are so pretty! :)

Hope you had a good weekend and your week is off to a nice start :)

Away From The Blue
rooth said…
Good on you for always trying new things!
ellie said…
Love it! You are so inspiring. You are so artistic and so talented! Wishing you all the best in all your creativity!
I love that you are always trying out different methods and techniques. You are so inspiring! I absolutely love the digital art that you created. It is so expressive and I cannot wait to see more <3
Adam said…
I'd be better with a digital medium then a real one but I'm not really an artist
Going digital seems like a natural progression for your art. So cool that you're branching out and trying a new medium Emmy! Your first landscape digital painting is lovely <3
Hena Tayeb said…
Wow.. you did such a great job.
Unknown said…
yo, it's her birthday today, she's 29.....for the nth time
*edited for the exact number, because, well i want to live*

-Emmy's hubby
Lovely said…
You are doing great! The painting turned out beautiful! You are talented!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Emmy, it is so beautiful. You are an amazing artist. I think it is awesome that you are always learning new techniques. It's all about growing! Keep it up!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the hate!

Some analogue love #2

Just in time