Let's Go To The Ex 2022

 After a two-year hiatus, the CNE is back this year! It's an annual tradition for us (like the Fan Expo), so we were all super excited to attend.  (Here is my last CNE post.)

What's more....my eldest also is working for the CNE this year! (It's his first job ever!) Because he is working late hours (today is the last day), we decided to go late during the day so we could see him work, and we ended up staying until his shift ended. (It was a long day....)

Anyhoo, as always, here are some pics I took the day we went.

We all took the GO Train instead of driving...it was more convenient:)

When we first arrived, the crowd wasn't too bad...yay! (PS It did get crowded by the time the sun went down.)















My youngest sister and her husband joined us later:)


And some pics I took with my phone:)

Took this pic of my eldest while he was on a break:)

We watched a show with the Innova Irish Dance Company....they were so good!


Night time fun:)

The drone light show...this was taken at around 11pm and we were all so freaking tired by this point.

Do you guys like going to fairs?

Comments

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to re-start this tradition! The Ex is always so much fun. I didn't feel ready to go this year, but maybe next year I will feel differently. For now, I am living vicariously through your pictures! It looks like it was a really good day. And how neat that your son was able to work there. That sounds like a pretty neat first job! So glad you have been making the most of the summer months. I hope you're having a great long weekend <3
the creation of beauty is art.
ellie said…
Oh, this looked like a blast! I can imagine your oldest learned so much at this job, too. So great to see the different activities and FUN! Yes, I am sure it was exhausting. I have not been to the state fair here, but when I was in high school we took a trip to Dallas one year (many many moons ago) and as with most State Fairs you have your livestock, and the best the state can offer in contests from food to fashion, along with the runway that at some point you wonder if those rides are run by gypsies. I am glad you guys were there for this event. It looks like a great fun adventure for the whole family.

We are having some cooler temps which is nice. Just wish it was cooler during the day. We did have our little Labor Day lunch with family which turned into an early supper. Too much food! But fun too.
Congratulations to your eldest on his first job ever! And how awesome that the whole family was able to visit him at work as well. This looks like such a fun interactive event. We have street fairs but nothing really like this in NYC. I think it'll be awhile before we go anywhere crowded again. I really miss traveling so much. Hope your week is off to a fabulous start change <3
Mica said…
it's so sweet you were able to go see your eldest working at his job! :) It looks like a really fun fair too! We have something like this in Brisbane called the Ekka - it goes all week and there is food and shows and animals and plants and competitions for best animals and plants and veggies and it's very fun! I haven't taken the boys though, we usually take advantage of the holiday everyone gets to attend to chill and relax somewhere away from the crowds - but I do want to take them when they are older and ready to enjoy it :) I've only ever stayed to the end to see the fireworks once though, haha!

Hope you are having a good start to your week!

Away From The Blue
Adam said…
Looks so much fun, I'm jealous
Lovely said…
This looks like a fun fair. It's wonderful that you were able to visit your eldest at work.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Záty Rose said…
the pics are so pleasingggg!!
I love fairs! They’re so much fun. I love that sand sculpture :D It was so cool. Looks like a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Some analogue love #2

Just in time

Oh, the hate!